Rasputin was known as a saint to some and as a sinner to many. Apparently, from an early age he displayed signs of his two most notable characteristics; an insatiable obsession with sex and various mystical abilities.
Born as a peasant in Siberia, Grigori Yefimovich Rasputin eventually made his way to Russia’s capital, St. Petersburg where he became associated with royalty. His entire life is filled with fascinating stories of supernatural powers and lewd tales of drunken adulteries.
Some of Rasputin’s most interesting tidbits include:
• Rasputin systematically healed the Czar’s son of hemophilia bleedings through spiritual healing. Obviously, controversy surrounds this and some speculate that he used some other method. Although royal doctors where both amazed and jealous of his abilities.
• The Czar’s son once had a canoeing accident that was so bad, papers had been prepared to announce his death. The Queen sent an urgent telegram to Rasputin who responded with a prophetic statement, “God has seen your tears and heard your prayers. Fear not, the child will not die.” The boy lived.
• Russia’s Queen Alexandria considered Rasputin a Saint and wouldn’t believe the stories of his drunken, sexual escapades. She even fired some of her staff who were against him. Yet, there are many accounts of Rasputin’s devious ways.
• Rasputin gave a prophetic warning to the Czar Nicholas about World War I. “A terrible storm cloud lies over Russia. Disaster, grief, and darkness. A whole ocean of tears, there is no counting them, and so much bloodshed. Disaster is great, the misery infinite. The Czar ignored his warning and Russia has never been the same.
• A prophecy by Rasputin to the Czar Nicholas stated, “Czar, if you hear the sound of the bells, it signals I am dead. If I am killed by my brothers, the Russian peasants, you have nothing to fear. If it is your relations who have brought about my death, then none of your family will remain alive for more than two years. They will all be killed by the Russian people.” Rasputin was killed by the Czar’s people and the entire royal family was executed by the russian people 18 months after this prophecy.
• When the Czars daughter’s bodies were examined after their death, they were all wearing religious necklaces with pictures on Rasputin on them.
See The History Channel’s, The True Story of Rasputin: http://movies.netflix.com/movie/History-s-Mysteries-True-Story-of…/70108150