Watch Ancient Aliens Debunked: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9w-i5oZqaQ
Ancient Aliens Debunked makes some great explanations for Puma Punka that has more reliable source information than Ancient Aliens. In fact, the hosts of ancient aliens come across rather naive in light of this contrasting information.
One thing that “Debunked” & Ancient Aliens agree on is that some kind of strange event occurred in the past that giants, “sky beings” and a great flood were all a part of. Most people are familiar with this story from Genesis 6 in the Torah and similar stories are mentioned in ancient cultures all over the world. Tiwanaka is the closest city to Puma Punka and is one of these ancient cultures that tells of the great flood and giants.
Ancient astronaut points:
• The stones at Puma Punku are made from the hardest on earth; granite and diorite (The only stone harder is diamond.)
• The only non-synthetic substance that can cut diorite is diamond. This means whoever built this place had diamond tools or another technology that we still do not know about.
• The precision of the cuts and drill holes are astonishingly acurate. It is difficult to explain how this was done without electrical power tools and sophisticated measuring. Whatever tools were used are not in the archeological record.
• It is said that the Aymaras built this site, but these people lacked a writing system to plan and measure these structures. This seems to be a contradiction.
• The largest stones weigh up to 400 tons and the rock quarry they were cut from is approx. 10 miles away.
• A common theory of how ancient peoples transported megalithic stones is by using tree trunks as rollers. This theory seems impossible at Puma Punku since it is located above the tree line. No trees have ever grown in this area.
• The dating of this site is widely debated. It was originally dated at 12 - 14,000-years-old, but mainstream archeologists re-evaluated it and decided it was 1,500-years-old.
• The destruction of Puma Punku looks like some kind of explosion must have happened. Theories range from earthquakes to meteorites.
• Tiwanaku is another very mysterious location nearby. The locals tell myths of giants; stories similar to Genesis 6 in the Bible and also ancient Sumerian texts. The beautiful structures and cultural history of this neighboring site is equally as fascinating.